This section will take a closer look at each of Squarespaceâ€™s pricing plans and discuss which plans are best for different websites. But what if youâ€™re in a rush? Do you wish that someone would just tell you exactly which plan is best for you?
If so, weâ€™ve got the solution. We know how tricky it can be picking the right plan for your needs, so we made this Squarespace plan selector to provide you with a personalized recommendation straight away.آ
8,291 readers have already used this tool to find their perfect Squarespace plan â€“ itâ€™s quick and easy to find your match. Simply click â€کStart Nowâ€™ below, answer a few quick questions, and weâ€™ll cross-reference your needs with each Squarespace plan to instantly identify your best fit.
You wonâ€™t be taken to another page or signed up for anything â€“ youâ€™ll just get a free tailored plan recommendation from the experts!
Which Pricing Plan Is Best for You?
- If you want to build a website, you’ll need either the Personal plan or the Business plan.
- If you want to sell online, youâ€™re better off with either the Basic Commerce plan or the Advanced Commerce plan.
For example, we’ll say that Maria wants to make a simple website to promote her homemade cupcakes. She’ll need an About page, a Contact page, and maybe a photo gallery of her creations. Maria will need the Personal plan, because it offers a custom domain name, stylish templates, and SEO features to help her spread the word.
But what if, after a while, her desserts become so popular that she decides to turn her hobby into a small side hustle? In that case, Maria would need to upgrade to the Business plan in order to start selling small quantities of goodies online.
Letâ€™s take a closer look at Squarespaceâ€™s four pricing plans:
- Personal plan ($12/month): Designed for (you guessed it) personal websites, this plan still offers most of Squarespaceâ€™s features (that arenâ€™t related to ecommerce). Youâ€™ll get a wide selection of templates, and receive a free custom domain, SSL security, and 24/7 support.
- Business plan ($18/month): You can sell online with this pricing plan, but there is a 3% transaction charge on all sales. Itâ€™s more suitable for businesses who just have the odd product to sell, rather than fully-fledged online stores.
- Basic Commerce plan ($26/month): This plan is practical for fully-fledged online stores. Youâ€™ll get specific tools to help you manage your store, like mobile-optimized checkouts, integrated accounting, and customer accounts. You can sell directly on Instagram, too.
- Advanced Commerce plan ($40/month): This plan is best for boosting ecommerce sales. Features like abandoned cart recovery, gift cards, and flexible discounts are all designed to encourage more customers to purchase from you. These features, coupled with advanced tools for shipping, complete Squarespaceâ€™s most powerful package.
Calling All Students!
We know how hard it can be building a good website on a tight budget, and we know that students donâ€™t have much spare cash. Are you a student? And would you like 50% off your Squarespace plan? If so, we have good news for you!
If youâ€™re a student and have a valid school email address, you can get 50% off your first year of Squarespace.
Heads up, though â€“ you canâ€™t use this discount alongside any other offer codes. But you can apply it to up to three websites under one school email address, which is pretty useful.
Personal vs Business Plan
This plan is perfect for building simple, stylish websites, and gives you all the basics you could need for a well-rounded website. The features you get on this plan include:
The Personal plan is best for those just starting out, who want a small but beautifully formed website.
The Business plan comes with more advanced features than the Personal plan, including:
- Unlimited contributors
- Advanced website metrics
- Professional email from Google
- $100 Google Ads credit
- Promotional pop-ups
- Complete customization
- Announcement bar
- Premium blocks and integrations
Although it isnâ€™t a full-blown online store plan, you can sell on the Business plan. You can accept donations and sell unlimited products, but remember that there is a 3% transaction fee on all sales (there is no transaction fee on Squarespaceâ€™s two ecommerce plans).
Itâ€™s no surprise the Business plan is best for small businesses. It has professional features, and comes with the option of selling through your website.
Basic Commerce vs Advanced Commerce Plan
Basic Commerce ($26/month)
The Basic Commerce plan provides all the ecommerce tools you need to set up a simple but successful online store. It comes with all the features of the Business plan, plus loads of extras:
- Sell unlimited products
- No transaction fees
- Powerful commerce metrics
- Inventory, orders, tax, and coupons
- Label printing
- Checkout on your domain
- Customer accounts
- List products on Instagram
- Integrated accounting
- Mobile optimized checkout
The Basic Commerce plan has everything you need to get your business off the ground, making it perfect for first-time online stores.
Advanced Commerce ($40/month)
The Advanced Commerce plan comes with everything included on the Basic Commerce plan, and also gives you specialized features to take your online store to the next level:
- Abandoned cart autorecovery
- Advanced shipping
- Flexible discounts
- Gift cards
- Orders API
These advanced features are designed to power growth in your business: abandoned cart auto-recovery sends automatic emails to customers who leave products in their carts at checkout, discounts and gift cards offer great rewards for loyal customers, and advanced shipping lets you calculate real-time shipping rates with ease.
The Advanced Commerce plan is best for online stores looking for growth.
Which Squarespace Plans Have We Recommended the Most?
Our goal is to help our readers succeed online, which is why we go the extra mile to give you the very best recommendations. We put our 10+ yearsâ€™ experience to good use and created our Squarespace Plan Selector Tool to provide personalized plan recommendations.
Our experts programmed this tool to calculate factors like website type, function, and size to match you with the perfect Squarespace pricing plan for your needs.
Out of the 8,291 users whoâ€™ve already received recommendations, 38% found that the $18 per month Business plan was their perfect match. This plan allows you to sell products through your website, use a professional email, and unlock unlimited customization options.
Wondering which plan is best for your needs? If you still have doubts after reading our breakdown of each plan, why not give our plan selector tool a try yourself? You can find it further up this page â€“ it only takes a few seconds to find out your result.
Do You Need More Information on the Top Website Builders?
Squarespace has fixed monthly costs, with no hidden surprises. That said, there are certain things you may want to pay a bit extra for when setting up your website. While you donâ€™t have to, we strongly recommend investing in a few basic features to set up your site for success. And if youâ€™re building an ecommerce site, youâ€™ll also want to know how transaction fees work.
Squarespace Transaction Fees
For online stores, a transaction fee is a percentage of a customerâ€™s order total, including shipping fees. Squarespace doesnâ€™t charge any transaction fees on its two ecommerce plans (Basic Commerce and Advanced Commerce), but it does charge a 3% transaction fee if youâ€™re selling on theآ $18 per month Business plan.
In other words, if you use the less expensive Business plan (rather than either of the two pricier ecommerce plans), Squarespace will take 3% of each sale you make.
Theآ Business plan is only designed for small stores, so Squarespace charges this fee to cover the cost of processing those transactions. Since the ecommerce plans cost more, all transaction fees are waived by Squarespace.
You need your own custom domain name for your website because it gives you a recognizable and credible image with your visitors. When you first build your Squarespace site, your domain will look like this: www.yoursite.squarespace.com â€“ but this isnâ€™t memorable or professional!
The cost of your domain name typically depends on the domain name extension (.com, .net, .usâ€¦) that you choose, and it will come to around $10-20 per year.
Sending emails is a great way of engaging visitors and growing your siteâ€™s audience, whether youâ€™re promoting a sale, releasing new products, or sharing blog posts. Squarespace has multiple options for your marketing campaigns. When you sign up to the $18 per monthآ Business plan, you get one professional Gmail and G Suite account free for one year.
But Squarespace also offers an all-in-one email marketing platform called Squarespace Email Campaigns. It lets you create custom emails straight from your website, meaning your marketing integrates seamlessly with your siteâ€™s branding. The cheapest Email Campaigns plan starts at $5 per month.
After testing over 50 website builders, we can tell you that Squarespace is not an expensive platform. However, we know that every little saving helps when youâ€™re building or running a website, so to save you the hassle we did some digging to find the best ways to save money on your Squarespace plan.
We even received an exclusive discount code for our readers from Squarespace itself, to give you a guaranteed 10% saving. Itâ€™s valid, easy to use, and has been applied by many other readers so far. Because thereâ€™s nothing more disappointing than entering a discount code at checkout and realizing itâ€™s not valid!
Read on for our three proven ways to save money with Squarespaceâ€¦
Squarespace Pricing Tips
- Nearly 40% of users are best off with the Business plan: Choosing the right plan from day one can save you a ton of wasted money and a whole lot of stress. Weâ€™ve recommended the Business plan to 38% of the 8,000+ readers whoâ€™ve used our Squarespace Plan Selector Tool. The Business plan ($18/month) is a happy medium for a lot of sites, because you can sell online without the higher cost of a full-on ecommerce plan.
- Pay annually, not monthly:آ At first, paying for an annual subscription may seem more expensive, but it’s actually the most cost-effective route in the long run. You can save up to 30% each year by paying for 12 months in one go. For example, the Business plan costs $18 per month when you pay annually. But it jumps up to $26/month when you pay monthly.آ
- Use these extra discounts:آ When you sign up for your first Squarespace plan, enter our discount code “WBE“ at checkout to get 10% off the price. If you already have a Squarespace plan, then you can use this discount on your first upgrade instead! Squarespace also offers a student discount of 50% off the first year when you sign up with your valid school email address. Just note that you can’t combine these two discount offers, so if you’re a student, you’ll have to pick one!
Unfortunately, no, Squarespace does not have a free plan (unlike other builders like Wix and Weebly) â€“ the lack of which contributes to Squarespaceâ€™s relatively low value for money score of 2.6/5.
We know this lack of a free plan is frustrating for many of our readers, but you can still try Squarespace without paying a single cent. However, all Squarespace plans start with a 14-day free trial, so you can try it totally risk-free. All you need is an email â€“ no payment details required unless you decide to carry on by choosing a paid plan.
Compared to other top builders,آ Squarespace is not expensive. In fact, when you compare the starting prices of our top six all-around website builders, Squarespaceâ€™s Personal plan sits comfortably near the middle at $12/month.
…And thatâ€™s solely based onآ price.آ When it comes to value for money,آ Squarespace is one of the best. Its $18/month Business plan gives you access to a wide range of features, making this plan the one we’d recommend for website owners looking to get the most out of their Squarespace subscription.
We did the research, crunched the numbers, and put it all together to create this visual overview of how Squarespace’s prices compare to those of its top competitors. We’ve included both the cheapest plan (in purple) and the best value for money plan (in blue):
As you can see, Squarespace’s best value for money plan (the Business plan) is cheaper than those of its biggest rivals, Weebly and Wix, whose comparative plans come in at $20 and $23/month respectively.